Vendor Rules & FAQ
These rules apply to all exhibitors, vendors, and crafters who have space at the event. Read these rules carefully before you submit your application, because they will be strictly enforced.
Event, Setup, and Take-Down Times
- Hog Day will take place rain or shine!
- Please be prepared for any kind of weather.
- Margaret Lane will close at 5:30 pm on Friday and will not reopen until Saturday evening.
- The event opens to the public on Friday at 6:00 pm, and on Saturday at 9:00 am.
- Exhibitors shall not set up before 4:00 pm on Friday, Sept 14th for Friday night booths.
- Exhibitors shall not set up before 7:00 am on Saturday, Sept 15th for Saturday booths.
- No exhibitor or booth may load-out until 5:00 PM on Saturday, September 15.
- Preference will be given to 2-day participants and vendors from the previous year.
- While we hope to be able to give each vendor an opportunity to participate in Hog Day, please be aware that we are limiting duplications of items to be sold.
- We reserve the right to exclude any vendor.
- For food vendors, spaces will be 12' x 12'.
- For all other vendors, spaces will be 10' x 10'.
- Tables, tents, and chairs are not provided.
- Both space is for food preparation and service only. Dining areas within booth space are not allowed.
- Electricity will only be provided for food vendors. Electricity access for food vendors must be requested by August 15th. Generators are not permitted for vendors of any kind.
Nonprofit Food Vendors
- Through August 15, 2018, local nonprofit food vendors will have the first opportunity to acquire food vendor space. If space is available after August 15, we will consider additional for-profit food vendors.
- For-profit food vendors will be placed on a waiting list for consideration based on available space. Past vendors are given first right of refusal for the first 60 days after the application period has opened.
Permits & Inspections
- If your booth must be inspected, be prepared for inspection no later than 5:30 pm on Friday September 14th, and no later than 9:00 am on Saturday September 15th.
- Food vendors may begin selling as soon as they have passed inspection.
- All vendors must have an approved fire extinguisher as required by the inspector.
- If your products require certain permits, you will be required to present those prior to setup.
- The Vendor Coordinator will inspect your booth to ensure that you are selling only those items that you have stated on this application. If you attempt to sell anything other than what is stated on your approved application, you will be asked to stop. Failure to comply will result in being asked to leave. Booth fees will not be refunded.
Food & Drink Restrictions
- Barbecue pork may not be sold by food vendors at the event.
- Other approved pork products are allowed.
- The Hog Day Committee reserves exclusive rights to the sale of bottled water and soft drinks at the event. Vendors may sell other beverages at their booths with approval.
- Alcohol sales are permitted only on a case-by-case basis. These must be approved in advance by the Orange County Optimist Club and managed through the Director of Logistics.
- Pets are not permitted except Service Animals with proper documentation.
- This is a tobacco-free event except in designated smoking areas.
- Guns, knives, and any other items that could be considered weapons are not allowed on the festival grounds and may not be sold by vendors.
By submitting my application, I hereby agree to abide by all the rules stated in this application. I accept the decision of the Hog Day 2018 Committee as final.
I agree to sell only approved items. If asked to remove any item from my booth, I will do so. I understand that I can be asked to leave and will forfeit my booth fee if I fail to comply.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all entities associated with Hog Day and the Orange County Optimist Club from any and all demands, expenses, fees, fines, penalties, suits, proceedings, actions and causes of action of any and every kind and nature arising, or growing out of, or in any way connected with, my participation in Hog Day.